As part of the programme all girls have the opportunity to experience fun outdoor activities and camps, and work towards badges and certificates that teach them outdoor skills.
Here are some awesome activities girls participate in
cycling and mountain biking
- horse riding
- low ropes and confidence courses
- orienteering and geocaching
- skiing and winter fun
- bush walking
- day and overnight tramping
- rock climbing
- high ropes
- flat water kayaking
- sea kayaking
- raft building
- river inner tubing
And much more!
Camping is one of the most favourite activities in Guiding. Some camps are for girls in the same section, while others include all ages. At camp girls will be able to do cool activities and hang out with their friends.
- Pippins have the opportunity to go on indoor camps
- Brownies start to camp in tents
- Guides can work towards running their own camp
- Rangers can run camps for Pippins, Brownies and Guides
Duke of Edinburgh's Hillary Award
Girls aged 14 plus can enrol in the Duke of Edinburgh's Hillary award through GirlGuiding NZ and work towards an award that is recognised worldwide. There are aspects from the GirlGuiding New Zealand programme that can be cross-credited into the Duke of Edinburgh's Hilary Award programme which re-enforces our girls learning and experience.