|What's on this page?
Want to read previous stories?
Girls from Puutahi Guides had loads of fun this term doing ‘Hands-On’ and ‘Girl Guide Action Month’.
- We had a patrol group visit Forest Hill Home and Hospital
- We put on a play for Brownies and Pippins
- We collected food for the SPCA
- We collected money for Hospice with a gold coin donation trail
- We collected children’s books for the doctor’s surgery
- We made ANZAC biscuits and gave them all to attendees at the ANZAC service when we visited.
- We potted flowering plants for our
- mothers on Mother’s Day and made them lovely cards
- We also potted flowering plants and gave some to the Forest Hill Home.
And next term a patrol group will be doing a visit to the local vets.
We have had a fantastic month and have really helped our community.
Puutahi Guide Leader,
Albany and East Coast Bays Districts got together for an Autumn campfire on a farm near Warkworth. The weather was kind to us, being both wind and rain free.
Over 100 people (girl members and their families) attended and we had a fantastic time!
We started the afternoon by building racing rafts in teams. There were some very interesting designs!
The rafts had to have five things: something yellow, a propellent (sail or similar); a balloon; a rudder and a lit tea light candle during the race. The rafts were still afloat the following morning so the teams did a brilliant job.
We had a great team of support people who cooked a sausage sizzle for us then got stuck into singing once the bonfire had been lit.
It was a beautiful big warm fire and the enthusiastic Guiding family had bought along plenty of great singing voices to add to the fun.
We sang some of the more traditional Guiding songs and learned some new ones from many different leaders.
We awarded some qualifications gained by both the leaders and the girls, did some more singing then headed for our cars and the bus. Many didn’t want to leave they had had such a great time. Thanks to all who attended.
Albany and East Coast Districts
What has North Shore been up to in 2013?
Why not tell us what you have been doing in your unit so far this year?
I know you have been out camping, doing Community Service and generally having a lot of GirlGuiding Adventures - lets show everyone what we have been doing!
Forward any stories or photos on to your Leader, District Co-ordinator, Regional Co-ordinator or the Upper North Zone Office so they can be published here.