Promise & Law
All girls, regardless of race, faith or other circumstances, may become enrolled members of GirlGuiding New Zealand as long as they are able to understand, and are willing to make, the following promise.
I promise to do my best,
To be true to myself and develop my beliefs,
To live by the Guide Law
And take action for a better world.
Pippins do not make the Promise.
As a Guide I will try to
- be honest and trustworthy
- be friendly and cheerful
- be a good team member
- be responsible for what I say and do
- respect and help other people
- use my time and abilities wisely
- face challenges and learn from experiences and
- care for the environment.